In some of the following cases, the ProStructures application does not work properly so this wiki will guide you with what you need to do in such a scenarios.
1) The ProStructures tools dialog boxes will not appear or do not load all the tools or we cannot use them.
2) The ProStructures application does not open correctly or crashes or freezes in between.
3) It throws some error messages while opening any existing or a new file in the ProStructures.
Please follow the below sequence wise steps to resolve such kind of issues.
1. Setting Decimal Symbol as DOT (.):
First, please check the Decimal Symbol in the Region settings which should be a DOT or Full Stop (.). Please follow the below sub-steps to check this.
a. Please close the ProStructures application if it is open.
b. Search as Region Settings in the windows search and hit the Enter key.
c. Please follow the steps as shown in the below images.
d. In the Customize Format dialog box, select the Dot (.) for the Decimal Symbol.
e. Now, re-launch the ProStructures application and check whether your issue is get resolved or not. If not then please follow step 2.
2. Dialog Boxes are not appearing:
The solution to this problem is to delete all *_WndCfg.sve files located at the below path that reset all dialogs to their default position. It´s mostly needed to delete these files when you switch monitors or resolution. Path for WndCfg files: DriveName:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Bentley\ProStructures\10.0.0\prefs\Personal_WndCfg
For more information on this, please follow the below wiki link:WIKI: How to reset ProStructures Dialog Boxes to default position? Once you delete all the *_WndCfg.sve files then re-launch the application and verify whether your issue is get resolved or not. If not then please follow the step 3.
3. Modifying the installed ProStructures application:
1. Go to the Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and left click on the ProStructures CONNECT Edition application then select Change.
2. Now, select Configure button to configure your required changes and once done click on the Modify button to modify the application.
If your issue does not get resolved by modifying the ProStructures application then please follow the step 4.
4. Restoring the ProStructures software to Default Factory settings:
If the above option does not work then restore the default settings of the ProStructures application. For more information on this, please follow the below wiki link:How to restore the default factory setting for ProStructures CONNECT Edition?
If your issue does not resolve by any one of the above steps then please follow the last step i.e. step 5.
5. Re-installing the ProStructures software:
The last thing you need to do is to re-install the ProStructures application.
a. Please uninstall the ProStructures application first.
b. Then delete all the ProStructures related files and folders that are created by default and does not get deleted by simply uninstalling the application.
For more information on this, please follow the below wiki link:ProStructures not working even after re-install
In one of these ways, your issue should get resolved. If not then, please create a Service Request so that we can help you further to resolve this issue.