In this wiki, we are going to learn how to read the Element properties by using the Text Favorite Manager. Here, we are considering only the Name and Material Name of Shape properties.
Please follow the below steps to insert the annotations from the Text Favorite.
1. Open the Place Text tool located at Steel > Home > Common Tools > Place Text.
2. Go to the Insert Favorite and click on the Manage button to open the Text Favorite Manager.
3. Please follow the steps as shown in the below image. Here, we are selecting Name from the PS Properties list. After selecting, click on the Accept button.
4. In a similar manner, we are also adding Material Name from the PS Properties.
5. Now, select the Favorite from the Insert Favorite dropdown.
6. After selecting Favorite, click on the Place Note tool.
7. The two windows will look like in the below image.
8. Now, select the element (in this case I am selecting Shape) and then place the annotation. You can see it is reading the associated properties of the Shape.
In this way, you can use the Text Favorite to annotate the elements. Here the important thing is to use the Place Note tool to read the properties.