SDNF stands for Steel Detailing Neutral File.
This command provides the capability to export the data from the neutral file format called as SDNF. SDNF supports the exchange of a steel structure data between two applications or program that are being able to interpret this format.
Exported SDNF file will be an ASCII (text) file of sequential organization. Maximum record length will be 132 characters. In this wiki, we are going to learn how to export SDNF from the ProSteel CONNECT Edition application.
Please follow the below steps to achieve this.
1. Launch the ProSteel application and open your model.
2. Under the Steel workflow, open Shape Catalog from the Shape tool which is located at Home > Steel Placement > Shapes and check all the catalogs to avoid manual mapping while exporting SDNF.
3. Navigate and open the Export tool located at backstage File > Export > Prostructures File Types > Export.
4. As per your requirement, choose all parts or choose some part of the model by cross selecting.
5. After selecting Export dialog box will pops up, here select the SDNF from the dropdown.
6. Now, locate the path where you want to save this exported SDNF file by giving a required name.
7. Now, the SDNF Data Export dialog box will appear, here set all your required settings from the three tabs i.e. Settings, General and Convert.
8. If you have your customized exchange mapping table then you can load that by left clicking on the Load Mapping Table button and load the required *.exm file. If you don’t have then select the default one.
9. Now, click on the Edit Mapping Table button and update the mapping table for Shapes, Material, and Bolts one by one by clicking on the Update Mapping Table button. Once done click on the OK button. This process will take a few minutes to complete.
10. Now, click on the OK button from the SDNF Data Export dialog box.
11. Then Data Export dialog box will appear which says “Data was exported successfully”. Then click on the OK button.
In this way, we can export the SDNF file from the ProSteel CONNECT Edition application.