Silent installation is introduced in ProStructures CONNECT for AutoCAD (Update-1) which will run with AutoCAD version of 2019 & 2020. This Update also allows you to do Passive installation. This document will guide you how to do Silent or Passive installation.
Please follow the below steps to know the process.
1. From start menu, run ‘Command Prompt’ as admin.
2. In command prompt, navigate to the setup location.
3. Now, run the setup exe file with ‘/silent’ or ‘/passive’ command line argument as shown below and press enter to run the installation. For easy explanation consider the Setup file is saved in below location
D:\Setup\ProStructuresForAutoCAD>Setup.exe /silent (for silent installation)
D:\Setup\ProStructuresForAutoCAD>Setup.exe /passive (for passive installation)
4. The above command will install ProStructures CONNECT for AutoCAD with default options on top of the installed supported versions of AutoCAD on your machine.
5. In order to run installation with custom installation options, use commands as below.
The above command will install ProStructures CONNECT for AutoCAD at default installation path (C:\Program Files\Bentley\ProStructures CONNECT for AutoCAD) on top of AutoCAD 2020, with Australia, English and USA-Canada Datasets, and sets the active language pack as English.
6. To install ProStructures CONNECT for AutoCAD at some user defined path, ‘INSTALLDIR’ property can be used and the path can be specified along with that as given by below example.
D:\Setup\ProStructuresForAutoCAD>Setup.exe /silent INSTALLDIR="D:\InstalledSoftwares\ProStructuresAutoCAD"
7. It is important to note that a system restart is recommended once installation is completed. Therefore, in order to perform system restart after silent/passive installation, the installer is designed in such a way that it will perform system restart by itself, once the installation of ProStructures CONNECT for AutoCAD is completed on your machine.
However, if the users wish to perform the system restart at later stage, the default restart after the installation can be avoided by using property variable ‘norestart’ while performing silent or passive installation and the user can do the restart manually.
Below is an example for using property ‘norestart’.
D:\Setup\ProStructuresForAutoCAD>Setup.exe /silent /norestart INSTALLDIR="D:\InstalledSoftwares\ProStructuresAutoCAD" DISABLE_FEATURE_AUTOCAD2019=True INSTALL_AUSTRALIA_LANPACK=True INSTALL_ENGLISH_LANPACK=True INSTALL_USA_CANADA_LANPACK=True ACTIVATE_ENGLISH_LANPACK=True
The above command will install ProStructures CONNECT for AutoCAD Update 1 silently at user defined path (D:\InstalledSoftwares\ProStructuresAutoCAD) on top of AutoCAD 2020, with Australia, English and USA-Canada Datasets, and sets the active language pack as English, while the system restart will not happen by default.
8. To get the full list of customizations, refer the table below.
Don’t install ProStructures for AutoCAD 2019
Don’t install ProStructures for AutoCAD 2020
INSTALLDIR=”Specify custom path here”
Set to custom installation path. Default path is C:\Program Files\Bentley\ProStructures CONNECT for AutoCAD
Prevent the automatic system restart at the end of installation. By default, the system restart will happen at the end of installation.
Install Australian language pack
Install German language pack
Install English language pack
Install New Zealand language pack
Install USA Canada language pack
Activate Australian language pack as startup language
Activate German language pack as startup language
Activate English language pack as startup language
Activate New Zealand language pack as startup language
Activate USA Canada language pack as startup language
9. Behavior of CONNECTION Client Installation.
a). In case of passive installation, CONNECTION Client installation UI appears, and the installation progress can be seen on the UI. Once CONNECTION Client is installed, the installer UI closes automatically.
b). In case of silent installation, CONNECTION Client installation is fully silent. Installation UI does not appear.