In this wiki, we will learn how to add the columns for information of Area and Display classes in ProSteel partlist database. Please refer the steps below which we will explain the procedure to add the variables for Display and Area Classes in the partlist definition.
To add any new information or to make the changes in the part definition (i.e. in the .lst file), first select the partlist in which you want to make changes.
1. Under Steel workflow, go to Data Reporting>Reporting>Create ProSteel partlist.
2. First load the .mdb file from ‘File’ menu. Then go to settings> edit partlist definition and here choose the .lst file whose definition you want edit.
3. Now, double click on the table which will open table contents for it. Here, to add a new column, click on the Header of the column where you want to add a new column next to it and then click on the option ‘Append Column’.
4. This will open the ‘Edit table’ dialog. Now, go to ‘Text’ tab and add the new header name for column as (Display Class or Area Class). You will observe ‘Area Class’ in the header’s list.
5. After this step, in table contents, navigate to the ‘Data Line’ tab and here you will see variables for all the columns. Double click on respective variable for Area Class. (in the Header line, area class was located at 6th position from top so, double click on the on the 6th variable in data line)
6. After double clicking on the existing variable, ‘Edit Table’ dialog will open and here remove the existing variable. Then Under the ‘Variable/Fields’, look for the variable of Area Classes which is ‘AreaNa’.
7. Expand the list of different variables available for Area Name. Double Click on the variable, ‘First Letter’ which will insert the variable and then as shown in the image below increase the value for number of characters which is 1 by default. Once completed, click on ‘OK’ button.
8. Similarly, if one wants to add a column for display class, repeat the process of appending columns and then add the corresponding variable for display class. (refer the image below for better understanding)
9. After adding required variable save the partlist and generate new ProSteel partlist database by using updated .lst file where you will see Area Class in the generated report.
In this way, one can add information about Area/Display classes in their partlist.