Steel Gratings are mostly used at operating gangways, floors, stair ways etc. In this wiki, we will learn how to place a web grating in the ProSteel CONNECT Edition.
1. To place a grating, In the steel workflow, navigate to Home>Steel Placements>Plates tool.
2. This will open the ‘Plates’ dialog and in here click on the ‘Web grating’ tab
3. Web grating can be inserted with the help of below two methods.
a) Drawing a rectangle with a polyline and inserting a grating on it.b) Selecting a grating from list and inserting on a specified point.
4. To place the grating by first method, simply draw a rectangle with polyline, select insertion point and edge and then select option at bottom ‘Insert checker plate on the polyline’
5. The second method to place the web grating is to select a grating from list present in the dialog box and use the option ‘ Insert checker plate at specified point/position’ (Refer the image for better understanding)
By these simple two methods, one can place a web grating in the steel model.