Many times to provide crack control to the elements, it is necessary to provide the side reinforcement to concrete elements. In the ProConcrete, this side reinforcement can be provided with the help of Perimeter Trimmer tool. In this wiki we will learn about the use of this ‘Perimeter Trimmer’ tool.
1. Here, there is already a slab placed with reinforcement. Now we will add side reinforcement to the slab .
2. Under the concrete workflow, navigate to Concrete > Home > Rebar Placement > Wall/Panel > Add Perimeter Trimmers with Corners to Wall which will open dialog box for Perimeter Trimmers
3. Under the Trim Reinforcing the following settings are available and there use is also explained
A) Concrete CoverNear – Clear distance from the near (top) slab face to the bars.Far – Clear distance from the far (bottom) slab face to the bars.Side – Clear distance from the slab sides to the bars.
B) Levels This section is used to specify the number of layers for the trimmers.If the Number Of levels is 1, you can specify the Insertion Face as Top, Bottom, or Middle. If the number of layers is > 1, the layers will be spaced evenly from top
C)ParallelSets the option to add parallel bars around the opening edges. Parallel bars are placed parallel to the sides of the slab (edges).Select the Bar Size and then type values for Start Anchor and End Anchor lengths (end conditions can also be specified). Start and End Anchors will be placed depending upon the direction of the adjacent side of the slab.
D)Perpendicular Sets the option to add bars perpendicular to and wrapping the parallel bar layers.Select the Bar Size and then type values for Spacing, Start Anchor, and End Anchor. Start and End Anchors will be placed depending upon the direction of the near and far faces of the slab.
Here, we will place all types of bars for demonstration purpose.
4. In the End Conditions dialog box, you can provide the condition type to parallel, perpendicular bars and corners.
5. Once all these values are filled then click on the ‘select concrete button’ and select the slab
6. This will place a reinforcement around periphery of the slab and in this way one can use this tool to reinforce the sides of concrete elements.