Bar Marks are assigned to rebars in the reinforced concrete model. These marks are unique and are based on the shape codes defined in the Shape Definition file.
ProConcrete offers some Shape Definition Files based on the standards publish by various regions, such as British Standards (BS), American Concrete Institute (ACI), etc.
1. To assign bar marks to the rebars in your model, start by initiating the Positioning tool from the Data/Reporting tab, in the Numbering, Marking section
2. Now, in the Concrete Positioning tab, first reset the numberings to the initial value (that is 0). You can do this by clicking on the Reset button (2)
3. . Now, click on the Open Bar Factory Settings… button
4. Select the required Shape Definition File that needs to be used
5. One can also build a macro for the format of Bar Mark numbering that will be assigned
6. Once all other settings are in place, click the Process… button and select all the elements to which the bar-marks must be assigned
7. The positioning results will then show up; first for the concrete parts (if selected). Once reviewed, click Ok
8. Then the positioning results for rebars will show up as below
It can been that bar marks are assigned in accordance with the parameters set in the Bar Factory Settings
9. After reviewing this, you can then click the Ok button and exit the tool
10. The bar marks can then be checked in the tool tips while selecting the corresponding rebar