In this wiki, we are going to learn how one can use the existing User Shapes, Roof-Wall Panels, Combined Shapes, and Weld Shapes in another machine.
Please follow the below steps to achieve this.
1. The application provided User Shapes, Roof-Wall Panels, Combined Shapes, and Weld Shapes are located at below the default path
- C:\Program Files\Bentley\ProStructures CONNECT Edition\ProStructures\Default\appl\Shapes\UserShapes
And the self-created shapes are stored at the path where PS_USERSHAPES or PS_ROOFWALLPANELS or PS_COMBISHAPES or PS_WELDSHAPES config variable is pointing and the below default path is
- C:\ProgramData\Bentley\ProStructures CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\<WorkSpaceName>\Standards\ProStructures\Shapes
2. Go to that path where all of your shapes are stored and copy all the content from each (Subfolders with PSP files) of the folders as shown in the below image.
3. Now, paste these copied folder contents into the respective folders in another machine at the location where the above-mentioned config variables are pointing. If you have not customized these config variables then it will be the default path (the same path from where you have copied these shapes).
4. If ProStructures is open then close the application and reopen it to reflect these shapes in the Shapes dialog.
In this way, one can use these shapes in another machine.