In this wiki, we are going to learn how to place the Dynamic Bracings in the ProSteel CONNECT Edition.
Please follow the below steps to achieve this.
1. Make sure that the ProStructures Snap and ProStructures Legacy Snaps are enabled in the PS Toggles.
2. Select the Place SmartLine and hover over on the beam and use the down arrow key to switch the snap point to the center of the beam as shown in the below image and then left click to select the first vertex of the line.
3. Same way hover over to the bottom of the column and select a second vertex to place the line and then right-click to reset the command.
4. The SmartLine is now perfectly placed as shown in the below image.
5. Under the Steel workflow, left-click on Dynamic Bracing located at Home > Structural Objects > Dynamic Bracing.
6. Now, select the SmartLine as a System Line of the bracing.
7. Select the first column as the First Main part to connect the bracing.
8. Then select the second column as a second main part to connect the bracing at the opposite end.
9. The Bracing dialog opens up. Here, you can set the values and options as per your requirements in different tabs.
10. Bracing will look like the below image with the above settings.
11. The Gusset Plates are clashing with the Baseplate of the column, so here we need to use Add Cutting Edge button to cut the edges of the gusset plates.
12. Select a new border line for the bracing by selecting the top right point of the Baseplate.
13. This way, you can cut the edges of the gusset plate.
14. In The same way, you can select the beam’s bottom line as a new border line for the top bracing to cut the edges.
15. The final bracing will look like as shown in the below image.
In this way, you can place the dynamic bracing in ProSteel.