Many times there are challenges in catching or grabbing the accurate snap while modeling. In this wiki, we will see the important settings for Accusnaps which will make it easy to snap the points while modeling.
Following are some settings that one should change to have accurate snapping.
A) AccuSnaps settings
Under the Steel workflow, Go to Drawing aids>AccuSnap settings (Refer to the image below) and apply the settings given below:
1. In the settings, under the element tab, make sure to turn off the snapping for text which will make the snapping calculation faster for the elements.
2. Under the Feel tab, increase the values of key point sensitivity, Stickiness, and Snap tolerance.
B) Settings in the ProSteel options
1. Under the ProSteel options, navigate to the display options and enable the option ‘cache 2D display’ which uses cache to speed up the calculations for snapping the 2D objects.
C) Line style settings:
1. The type of line style used also affects the snapping. It’s always better to use line types 0 or continuous.
D) ProStructures Snaps:
1. It is always recommended to enable the ProStructures snaps as it makes easier to grab the center point of the ProStructures’ elements while modeling.