The STEP stands for Standard for the Exchange of Product Data. As a common file format used for 3D modelling and printing, these files are an ISO standard exchange format. This means that STEP files can read and save the complete body of a 3D model not just the basic geometries which is necessary for high levels of accuracy. In this wiki, we will learn how to export the STEP file from the ProStructures CONNECT Edition.
Please refer to the steps below to successfully export the STEP file from the ProStructures.
1. First, select the model and elements which you want to include in the export.
2. Now, navigate to the backstage File>Export>ExchangeFileTypes>STEP
3. This will open the STEP export dialog and underneath it you can select the output file path and assign author, and organization.
4. Under the settings dialog, you can change the different export settings for elements display and their properties.
5. Once done, click on export and this will create .stp file at the provided output path.
In this way, with such easy steps, one can export to a STEP file.