This area gives user more options to control or add filter on how elements can be displayed in the2D drawing. We call it DISPLAY GROUP.
When creating Marking plans, Engineering drawings and Elevation plans. We sometimes would like to have some of the elements showing as either Standard display, System line, as Sketch or a combination.
2D drawings shown as Standard Display...
Or sometimes we might need to have the other elements shown as Sketch and Standard display.
(In this case the bracing is shown as Sketch and the rest are Standard display).
In cases like this we need to add some Display group in our Detail Styles.
Below you will find some information on how to do this.
To do this first we need to go and edit our Detail style and begin adding some Display group into it.
1. First step is to add a Display group. You can do this by doing a right click and then Add Display groups > Add
2. Enter a name for the display group (Bracing for this example)
3. Our goal for this Display group is to limit it to a particular set of elements. To do this we need to add parts into it.
To Add parts select Bracing display group and then right click Add Parts
4. The Assign parts Dialog box will then appear. From here you would need to set on how you want to filter the settings for the Display group.
For this exercise I am choosing SHAPES as the main type of element.
For this exercise I am choosing all shape types as the sub type
For this exercise I am using Display class BRACING
5. Once you have all the settings needed,Click the Arrow Icon at the bottom. This means that the selected including its size range will be added to the dimension group. Then Click OK.
6. After creating a Display group you may add some more groups. Please see other example Display groups below.
7. After Creating the Display group and modifying the 2D Display settings
From the Standard View
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you haveon this Wiki entry to this "Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!