There are some cases that during the installation users chose not to activate the product and run it for 30 days under trial period. When the trial is over ProStructures it will then give a message to Activate the license. Pleasesee below the steps on how to Activate the license.
All version 8.9 or newer software is activated against a SELECTserver license server.
Activation of the software is achieved by entering a server name and site activation key into the product. The Server Name and Site activation key are entered into the "Product Activation Wizard" or into the “License ManagementTool”.
For NON-SELECT users, the server name will be ProductActivation.bentley.com.
There are two ways on how to Activate the Product.
1. License management tool
2. Product Activation Wizard
You may be put straight into the “Product Activation Wizard,” If the Product Activation Wizard does not prompt upon launching the application, you can actiavte using the License Mangement Tool.
2. Open ProStructures then Check the license settings, you can do this by.
NOTE: It is important that you check this settings before activating the product. If the settings does not match with the license that you have this will cause to give you a prompt to activate the license every time you open the software.
For this scenario I have a valid license for ProSteel Professional/AutoPLANT Structural Detailer but does not have a license for ProConcrete.
Picture in older versions
Dialog in newer versions (greater 22.214.171.124):
3. After checking the settings close ProStructures.
4. Now you need to open the License Management Tool to Activate the product.
5. The License Management tool will open. Then go to > Tools > Options
6. You would need to key in your Site Activation as the Server name is filled in by default.
7. Once you entered the Activation Key, Click Test Connection. You should get this message
BUT if you get this message:
Double check the activation key, there should be no spaces before or after. If you have verified you have entered it correctly and still getting the same error please call the Technical Support hotline. You can't proceed with the product activation.
8. Once the Select Server and Activation key is verified Click OK. The list of available license will then be listed.
in newer Versions it looks like
Note: NON Select / Node lock licensing you would need to check out license into your PC to activate the product.
With ProSteel you would need to check out the license for ProSteel and AutoPlant
9. To Check out the license you would need to select ProSteel or AutoPlant in any order and then you need to provide the Email Address and the Version. if you do not have the version available you need to go inside ProSteel and then in the command line type in PS_ABOUT to list the full version of ProStructures.
Click ok to check out the license.
10. If the Check Out is successful you should see the license showing at the bottom part of the License Management Tool.
11. The Product Activation is now complete you may use your product.