I had a spreadsheet setup to retrieve foundation forces at each column using GetColForcesForLCase. If the column had a brace framing into the bottom, it would instead find closest node to column base (i.e. node in which brace frames into) and retrieve the imemberforces pointer for the node via INode.GetReactions. Now after updating to V17 every column with a brace framing into its base is giving me incorrect values. After taking the code step by step in VBA I noticed all of the imemberforce pointers now have 0 values for all axial,shear,and moments in the nodes. Before I pull my hair out trying to fix it, is there anything that might have changed that would require me to change VBA code? I looked at release notes and it didn't seem like anything was implemented that would impact this spreadsheet.
I'm not aware of any v17 changes that might be impacting your code. The INode.GetReactions method appears to be functioning properly for a test model that has nodes with columns and braces. My only thought is that your model needs to be analyzed and saved before forces are available. If you continue to experience a problem, please create a service request. I will need to take a look at your model and code.
I've tried it on multiple braced frame models on V16 and it works, and the same models upgraded to V17 do not work. I will submit code
If the model was converted to v17 and not analyzed and saved after the conversion, there will be no forces.
I analyzed after converting, the spreadsheet will not run if the modules are not greenlit.