Can someone help me to use the temperature load, seems somewhat confusing with the f1 f2 terms . What do they mean and how to correctly input these values.
The value (f1) is used by the program to calculate the axial deformation in members or volume expansion in plates and solids due to temp change,
The second value (f2) is used by the program to calculate the bending affect due to the temperature change.
For inputting these values,
You have to know three temperatures :
1) the stress-free temperature, or the ambient temperature which you want to maintain . Call it A.
2) The temperature of the top fiber (the fiber that is farthest along the positive direction of the local Z axis of elements and local Y axis for members). Call it B.
3) The temperature of the bottom fiber (the fiber that is farthest along the negative direction of the local Z axis of element and local Y axis for beam). Call it C.
f1 = (B+C)/2 - A
f2 = B-C
You may also refer to the Technical Reference Manual.
Answer Verified By: Ryan Sam
Thank you Mr Shany Sir.
I am presently working on a model involving temperature load . Thank you for this giving this formula of calculating the values . i will surely use it , if I come up with any problem, please help me
Sure, do let us know .
I have input temeprature loads on a tower. I am confussed to apply the laods . Can you please help Ryan.
Reference Eurocode Handbook
1. Shade air Temperature max = 24c (A)
2. Temperature of top fibre of the beam is 24+18 (B)
3. Temperature of bottom fibre of the beam is 24 (C)
Also can you explain the axis pictorially ?
So as per your formula f1 = 9 ; f2 = 18 . and how to calculate f3 ? Is the below explanation right ?