1. Open the Connection Pad by clicking on Edit - Connections toolbar - Shear Connection (see screen capture) or double-clicking on the large display of the model connection.
2. In the Connection Pad, change the "Bolt Eccentricity Calculation Method" to "Manual."
3. After changing the bolt eccentricity option, a line for number of bolt columns will appear with the Single Plate information:
3. Enter the desired gage between the columns of bolts
4. Define the appropriate eccentricity to use using the parameter "eb: Load eccentricity to bolt group" also found with the Single Plate information.
RAM Connection Capabilities and Modeling FAQ