RAM Connection CONNECT Edition v12.0.0 Release Notes – Updated March 2018
1. Hollow structural section connections. Based on AISC 360-16 and the AISC Design Guide 24. Including:
HSS-to-HSS Truss Connections:
HSS-to-HSS Moment Connections:
2. New AISC hollow section brace directly bolted connection for bracing connections (i.e. CBB, CVR, VXB and Gusset Base plate).
3. New AISC column splice end plate connection for rectangular and circular hollow sections.
4. The new 64 bit version. RAM Connection from now on will be compatible with 64 bit versions OS.
5. 64x64 pixels icons for all ribbon commands to avoid blurring in high DPI displays.
1. Changing resolution several times was causing the connection not to be shown. The application was saving incorrectly the sizes of its controls deriving in some controls blocking the connection pad where the connection is displayed. Control sizes now are being saved correctly regardless the resolution.
2. AISC clip angle design for bolt bearing at beam side was not considering eccentricity (C factor) when a > 3". This is fixed now and the clip angle considers eccentricity as other shear connections.
3. RAM Connection is consistent with RAM Structural System unit system selected and displays the accurate material name accordingly (e.g. RamFy 51 (English) - RamFy 351 (SI)).
4. Selecting "none" for anchor position in a gusset base plate connection was causing errors. This is fixed now and the gusset base plate connection supports "none" anchors as the regular base plate.
5. Other several minor fixes.