You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
This document contains important information regarding changes to RAM Connection. It is important that all users are aware of these changes. Please distribute these release notes and make them available to all users of RAM Connection.
A few significant enhancements have been made in this version. The most significant of these enhancements are listed here:
· Base Plate Design: Uniaxial or biaxial analysis and design of base plates per AISC 360-05, including anchor bolt design per ACI 318-08 Appendix D. Base plates can be supporting a single column or a column with braces.
· Undo/Redo Commands: The software now has unlimited undo and/or redo commands per session.
· Strong Column-Weak Beam Check: Sections 9.6 and 10.6 of the AISC 341-05 Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings has been included in this version.
Also, some program errors have been identified in v6.5.0 and corrected for version 7.0. Corrections made to graphics, reports, program crashes, etc. that were considered minor are not listed here. The noteworthy error corrections are listed here in order to notify you that they have been corrected or to assist you in determining the impact of those errors on previous designs. These errors were generally obscure and uncommon, affecting only a very small percentage of models or had no impact on the results. The errors, when they occurred, were generally quite obvious. However, if there is any question, it may be advisable to reanalyze previous models to determine the impact, if any. In each case the error only occurred for the precise conditions indicated. Those errors that may have resulted in unconservative designs are shown with an asterisk (*). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause:
· Thick Plate Behavior: A warning when an extended end plate falls in this stage of behavior is now printed in the report. At this stage, no plastic hinges have formed in the plate and prying forces are assumed to be zero.
· K’ Factor: The units in the K’ factor for the Uniform Force Method have been corrected.
· Large Setbacks: A warning for setbacks larger than the connector (e.g. a setback of 3 inches in a 2 inch angle leg) is now given and a fix in the flexural yielding calculation to take into account setback has been added.
· Minimum Edge Distance: The minimum edge distance has been fixed for connections using BS 5950-1:2000.
· Large Welds in BS: A note for welds larger than 12 mm for end plates has been added in accordance with SCI/BCSA “green book” recommendations.
· Single Plates with Eccentricity: The calculation of local buckling for single plates with eccentricities has been corrected.
· High Strength Welds: C1 for welds using electrodes of 70 ksi or higher has been amended.
· Print to PDF: The margins in reports printed to PDF were very small. This has been corrected in this version.