RAM Elements CONNECT Edition v16.07.00.248 Release Notes – Updated July 2022
1. Update CSA S16-09 to CSA S16-19 Canadian steel design code. The update includes the Beam Design and Truss Design modules.
Figure 1. New Canadian CSA S16-19 steel design code
2. New Soil-Structure Interaction with PLAXIS (Tech Preview). RAM Elements can now Export structural information including the geometry and loads to be used in PLAXIS using the Import as super element feature. Once the analysis is performed in PLAXIS then the analysis results can be imported using the Import results for “Direct analysis” approach (for each load condition) or the option to Import / create springs using forces/displacements at nodes for “Substructure approach”. The following wiki details the workflow to perform a Soil-Structure interaction.
Figure 2 Export structural information option to be used in PLAXIS
Figure 3. Import PLAXIS analysis results options
3. Footing Design module enhancements. These include the options to make the footing width larger than the footing length including a new elevation detailing view to show the footing reinforcement for both footing dimensions and a new option to include or not the Size effect factor for ACI 318-19.
Figure 4. Footing width larger than length and a new elevation detailing view
4. Masonry Wall design module report enhancements. Now the wall segments details drawings are much clearer and the critical segment (higher critical strength ratio) is highlighted as dark red when is failing or dark gray when passing.
Figure 5. Wall segment detail drawing showing the critical segment
5. Wood Design Module update to the NDS-2018 including both ASD and LRFD for glulam and lumber members. RAM Elements was already updated for v16.6. The Wood Design Module has the option to override all design factors in case user needs to test different scenarios or customize the design to local specifications.
Figure 6. Wood Design module updated to NDS-2018