Looking for a way, either a natural tool, or custom macro, that allows a user to synchronize ALL templates within ALL corridors of a DGN all at once?
It seems rather cumbersome to synchronize 1 template at a time, from each corridor. Large projects will produce 100's of corridors, so any automated speedy way will be great.
I Have filed an enhancement request on your behalf. thanks
For more information about the Road and Site design tools, visit the Road and Site design WIKI at: http://communities.bentley.com/products/road___site_design/w/road_and_site_design__wiki
Answer Verified By: Alex Badaoui
Appreciate it! Thanks.
Hi, Any progress on this issue? I am trying to synchronise the template that is applied to several corridors. Any automated way of doing this? Thanks,
We've been waiting for years for this, not yet as far as I know.
On a related note, does anyone know if the SDK has functionality to sync template drops?
OpenRoads Designer 2021 R1 (10.10) | Microstation CE Update 16 | ProjectWise CE 3.4
A workaround to "automate" syncing multiple templates at once is this:
1) Go to Project Explorer, Civil Model, Lock ALL corridors (right click on corridors, click "Lock - Deactivate all rules")
2) Use element selector, power selector, and select the level that the template drop is placed on. This is workspace specific. For IL Tollway, all template drops are placed on the level ZZ-TPL-Template Drop
3) Bring up element information dialog box
4) Open the tree inside the element information, which should show you every template drop within the DGN
5) Right click on each template drop, one at a time, and click "Synchronize"
6) When you are done, go back to Project Explorer, Civil Model, and Unlock all corridors
This lock/unlock trick will put all the processing right at the end, and saves you having to process after each template sync. While it is not automatic, it is the most efficient for a mass-resync to the template library.