Need help working from home with your Bentley software? We're here to help - click here
I am using Geopak v8i SS4.
I have created a few new borehole cell patterns and have tried everything I know to get the patterns to appear in the profile view. However, everything I have tried has failed. The following is the workflow I am using:
Yet nothing seems to produce the cell patterns in the profile borelogs. I do however, get only two of the patterns out of 8 that should show in the borelogs, and one of those is out dated, but is not updating.
I would like to complete the project this weekend if possible. Any thoughts of what I am missing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.
If you create a new dgn and a new Geotech project, do you get the same result?
For more information about the Road and Site design tools, visit the Road and Site design WIKI at: http://communities.bentley.com/products/road___site_design/w/road_and_site_design__wiki
Hi Beebe Ray,
Yes, I actually tried that. From what I remember, it did not help. The workflow that I believe worked, is this: Once I did the above steps, I also performed a compress on the dgn file and a re-build database on gpk, then rebooted, and that appeared to work. But I believe there is some corruption in the file because my profile cell is longer than my alignment. I rebuilt the data a few times but could not eliminate the issue with the profile cell being longer than the alignment. However, was able to eventually get the project completed anyway despite that. I think the linework I used for the profile (from graphic linework) was not compatible with Geopak, it was a spline according to the element information. I tried to draw a basic line as a test but it did not seem to work. I was asked by engineer to add another profile, also from linework, and the profile shot across the model space beyond its limits. I just trimmed the line and moved on at that point to complete the figures despite remaining issues. If you have suggestions how I may correct the file corruption (assuming it is), that would be the remaining question at this time.
I wanted to add that I do not believe I made a new Geopak project, and started a new dgn file in conjunction with the performance issues of cell hatch not updating. I eventually tried a new dgn file, which by itself, did not help, and eventually re-built my Geopak project, not actually sure if that helped. If re-building the Geopak project and starting over with a new dgn file is advisable, I will add that step to my workflow for correcting non-updating cell hatch patterns. I always start with a new Geotechnical project when I make any borehole changes, which by itself did not fix the problem..