there is an ORD's problem which I cannot solve for a very long time and since I did not get any response from Bentley on my SR the Communties is my last chance. I implemented ORD in quite a big project (12km of expressway) so we have plenty of road models. Most of them after reproccessing the corridor leave old elements. Sometimes these are lines, sometimes mesh components and sometimes everything. It's very annoying because I cannot find the reason for this and almost everytime it's something different. I thought that maybe clipping elements mess with corridor functionality (they do but in a different way), but after few tests I have excluded them as a reason of doubling corridor elements. Our team is terribly frustrated of losing precious time because most of the times the only solution is to make a new clean, file, which will be infected after few weeks or even days.
Is there anyone who had similar issues or knows something about this defect? I would be grateful for any reponse.
I am also seeing this happen in release 2 2019. It appears to be when editing the template in some way, one time it was swapping to another template that caused it. I have yet to nail the work flow that will cause the bug.. It is very very concerning that this is happening in the software. The way I remove them from my corridor is place the lines and components on a new level e.g. 1_dump and then use this key-in level element delete 1_dump
exactly, I also think that it is something concerning template, however many times my colleagues got this issue simply by changing profile. The whole road model was doubled then. I also think that it started since Update 7 but I cannot recreate the workflow of this problem for couple of months.As for deleting method the one you mentioned is the only one working. We have to use it but, come on, every time I process corridor I cannot think about what is doubled and search through the whole file. I cannot make a new file every week because something got "infected". ORD is terribly slow even without it.
Same here, Definately started with Update 7. Template drop edit related but may also be profile, but haven't had the time to get to the bottom of it as were trying to deliver live projects. LEVEL ELEMENT DELETE is all we can use that works but very messy for project delivery.
Pretty fundamental bug that needs an urgent resolution...
OpenRoads Designer 2020 R3 (10.09) | Microstation CE Update 15 | ProjectWise CE 3.4
Also what we do is set our corridor to have a feature definition where everything is turned off so we can spot those elements quickly. On my side It happen most of the time because of profile, often instead of using the complexe redefine command, we just explode the profiles do the modifications then recomplexe everything. It's after those modifications that often I notice the corridor ''corruptions''. But again there may be other things...