I am using OpenRoads Designer Connect edition and am attempting to create some plan-profile sheets. I used the named boundary tool to create plan and profile drawing models and then utilized "model annotation" to annotate the alignment and profile, however I then need to drag some labels around to remove conflict as well as edit some of the labels to remove part of the label that the client does not want on the sheets. It seems pretty random but the annotations will reset to the original position and contain all of the original information (undo my deletions). How can I stop this from happening?
I have tried setting the update fields automatically to false, however this caused my stationing on the alignment to start at 0+00, instead of the 50+00 that it is set to, and did not always keep it from happening.
I also tried dropping the cells several times so as to loose the smart features they contain, however several of the multi line annotations break down into unusable pieces.
Please help as this is incredibly frustrating.
As it appears that Bentley has not yet patched this issue I thought I would share the solution that I ended up going with for my sheets (65% this time, trying to not re-live my 35% nightmares). It is a little bit time consuming up front but is saving me from a lot of the repeated rework I did last time.
When creating the drawing models I annotate them, then go in and sheet by sheet, turn off the references - select everything - smart match it to a different layer (personal preference allows me to know there will not be a future problem with this annotation) - then drop it once - although this breaks part of it - all the texts are still "smart" and will update to garbage so I go through each annotation and copy/paste it within the text box turning it into text and not a field, this must be done to each PC, PT, Station Callout, and curve info and then I know they will stay where they are and not change. If you move or adjust your alg/profile you would need to redo this process but hopefully if your sheeting your locked in. Also for some of the drawings when I come back in at a future date I will have to go in and remove the element annotation if it reannotates, but I only have to do this once for each sheet.
I know it is not ideal, but it is where I am at for now and it seems to work better than anything else I have found so far,
Hope it helps, let me know if you have solved it.
I can confirm this is still an issue with 10.09.00.091, and we have had this on multiple projects and version of ORD for 2+ years. Jacobs Engineering and FHWA has submitted multiple Service Requests to fix this known issue, and still not fixed in 2021.