Hi. I have a rfa file that includes 6 traffic signs 3D, it has been created in Revit:
but when I open or reference it with OpenRoads, graphically I only see a traffic sign, the one that is active in Revit:
there are 6 signals but I only see 1:
I am attaching the rfa file and please tell me how I can select the rest of the signals. Thank you!
You have to Import the RFA not attatch it
when selecting the panel, you can change the different type by selecting the property:
I have try it with your file and it's working fine
Hi. This is perfect !!
just one question: how can I export these signals to IFC format in OpenRoads? do I need to do it from OpenBuilding? Thank you!
The IFC file is not going to be of any use to me - as I said, I am not an IFC expert. I would recommend creating a service request with Technical Support - that is the best way to get your issue logged and reviewed.
Hi I did a SR and it was defect filed
Hi Jiri, an IFC is essentially a text file so try compressing it as a ZIP and you will see its size dramatically reducce.
OpenRoads Designer 2021 R2 (10.10) | Microstation CE Update 17 | ProjectWise CE 3.4
Hi Mark I simply can not upload any zip or ifc file, it returns me error message
Hi, i found workflow how to fix colour issue in ORD export to IFC
Colour are written to IFC file only if you are using colours in level manager which are choosen from colour table with colour index.
Hi Jiri. Can you export the signals from the attached rfa file to ifc in their correct colors?
I also attach an image from BIMCollab, from a file that has been exported to ifc with another product that maintains the original colors of a traffic sign. Thank you so much!
in your case is few problems why it is no easy to just export it to IFC
1. import RFA to ORD is without problem, everything is OK
- problem is - your sign panel is smart solid but you can export from ORD to IFC only civil mesh
2. you have to use modeling tools and make mesh from solid
- it will transfer whole solid of sign panel to mesh
3. when you have sign panel as mesh you can attach civil mesh to this mesh
- colour for IFC export is asigned only to civil mesh
4. so if you want to have sign panel as is on your picture, you should drop whole your solid and rebuild it as mesh and after that you can have your sign from more parts which means every colour part has to have own civil mesh definition
- if you will only make mesh from solid and attach civil mesh definition it will look as in attached file
Thank you very much for the analysis Jiri. I understand that I need to create meshes to be able to export to ifc in OpenRoads. Now I'm using OpenBuilding, although I still haven't found a way to get exactly the same colors in ifc as in dgn. When I advance I will notify you. Thank you