I have an issue where my files stop recognizing the new survey point that I import.
The issue is some times will bring in the points but I will not create the linework, I can't create the linework since changing the link code does nothing. Also, I have had this happen more than once where certain codes are not recognized so the points will not come in all together no error shown since the codes are valid codes just not processed. none of the times is the surface updated or created.
I have spent three days trying to troubleshoot this issue to no avail. Does anyone have similar problems that they have been able to fix?
I have tried recreating the drawing with a clean seed file, which worked for a while, and then it stopped altogether so I am back to the beginning. any help would be nice. I have made sure the feature definitions are all set up correctly.
A few questions come to my mind:
I had an issue a year or more ago that my ascii files would not import to ORD, no matter the size or format. It shut me down for almost a month. We made a few changes to Windows10 memory settings and it started working again. I dealt directly with a Bentley account manager as this was a serious problem. I'm personally not so sure it wasn't a combination of memory settings and Windows updates that caused the issue. Long story short we never nailed down the source of the issue.
I am importing .csv files with Point names, Northing, Easting, and Elevation
No, the Points show up but the linework is not drawn and it can't be manipulated once its process
Yes the data is going into the same fieldbook
I have compress the file
yes I am working on UDOT's Workspace
ORD Version 10.09.00.91
.csv files i will add in later post
It's hard to show really the issue but technically I can't edit any of the points to change their code, example if it's a start point I can't switch to a start pc or an endpoint so whatever comes in that it's it.
Another example is where it brings in the points but nothing is drawn out
Here the points are in but the line won't be drawn out and can't be manipulated to do so unless I draw a line manually which defeats the point.
let me know if you have any other questions
I'll speak in bullet points to be concise:
Read through that see if it makes sense or if any of it may help. Working systematically to reduce the unknowns is the only logical way to get back on track. I know the stress can be overwhelming but slowing down and digesting the work will bring results and at this point you may have no choice. Don't take any of this as condescending I'm just speaking from the seat of experience.
ORD does have issues but it can be extremely efficient and productive when producing design survey deliverables. There is hope.
Just found another older post I made about linework workflows....it might help. communities.bentley.com/.../353896
I have tried all the suggested solutions and I still can't get it to work, any other ideas?
Is this the same problem that you had when you first started this post? ... using UDOT ORD Standards?
If the following advice doesn't help, please provide the forum a screenshot of text file containing the shots you're trying to import. It may better lend a correlation to the survey settings you show and why things aren't working for you... Also show what's listed under "Data File Parsing" in your Explorer dialog. Description Separator will sometimes cause the entire import process to break if not correctly placed in the text file. Trial and error between what is set to True will allow a better result..(e.g. Space is Required Between... , Append Notes to Descriptions, etc). Essentially, one of those two not defined by the text data being imported isn't seen as an error and seems to merely look for the content in your specified format within survey settings and if not found does nothing (as in the case for shots in a file someone may purposefully want to not be linear graphics). If I see correctly from your screenshot, no "description' decorators appear (they'd be pink by default and lower left of the shot in your view). It's likely the separator isn't being read and seeing the LCODE and Description as one "LCODE"... Sometimes swapping the import columns and setting for "Link Code Position" to Before instead of After helps.
Bentley Accredited Road Designer | Bentley Accredited Road Modeler