[ORD R9] Survey Cells Missing - Defined as NULLSHARE

I have processed a number of Surveys and never encountered this issue. A number of my survey features are not displaying the cell graphics. I isolated one of the offending features and did a select all and in the properties dialog box, they list the cell name as NULLSHARE.

I tried placing the cell used by the element template but if placed as a shared cell, its not annotative. After executing a redraw of the survey, the feature cells display, but are also not annotative.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Parents Reply Children
  • I'm having this issue as well. A few things to add.

    • After editing a survey point feature code the point cell is no longer displayed. 
    • After editing a survey point feature code the point decorations are no longer displayed. 
    • Exporting the survey field book to a sqlite format and importing to a new ORD dgn field book results in the same issue.
    • Redraw is not resolving the the point display issue.
    • All points are set to display "True" in the survey details.

    So far nothing I have done will correct the issue. I can't track down the cause of this issue.

    Did you guys hear back from Bentley?

    Take care,


  • I did not. I usually post something here in the hopes that others can enlighten me. If the issue is critical, I put in a service ticket. It sounds like yours might need that sort of attention.

    Charles (Chuck) Rheault
    CADD Manager

    MDOT State Highway Administration

    • MicroStation user since IGDS, InRoads user since TDP.
    • AutoCAD, Land Desktop and Civil 3D, off and on since 1996
  • I have come to the conclusion this might be a bug in 10.9

    Here's why....

    • Opened my 10.9 version survey dgn (this is the file with the display issues) in 10.10 ORD this upgrades the dgn file.
    • The upgraded file doesn’t immediately get fixed doing the upgrade step by itself.
    • Hit redraw while in 10.10
    • Problem fixed. The non-displaying point features are now correctly displayed.
    • Downgraded the civil model to version 10.9
    • Open survey dgn in 10.9 FDOT workspace.
    • The points are displaying correctly. The “fix” appears to be durable enough to last through a redraw command in ORD 10.9

    That being said I will continue my survey work in ORD 10.10. Bentley did recommend upgrading to version 10.10 during the first ticket communication. I couldn't update at that time because of client requirements. FDOT has since updated their workspace to comply with ORD 10.10.

    Hope this can help someone struggling with the same or similar issue.

    Take care,