I have processed a number of Surveys and never encountered this issue. A number of my survey features are not displaying the cell graphics. I isolated one of the offending features and did a select all and in the properties dialog box, they list the cell name as NULLSHARE.
I tried placing the cell used by the element template but if placed as a shared cell, its not annotative. After executing a redraw of the survey, the feature cells display, but are also not annotative.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
I'm going to add some screen captures to this thread along with a few details.
Here is a screen capture showing a feature code that displays as it should:
Then I edit the feature code to what it should be:
Found this in the right click menu. No change to the display issue.
Version info below:
In the dgn there are 3 feature codes displaying correctly.
The rest will not display and can not be selected using the power selector tool. I can only see them through the survey details tool.
I'lll add to the post as I see other correlations.
I am having the same issue. The points that are associated with linear features have disappeared. At first, the points of a specific linear feature disappeared while editing that line. Then all points disappeared when I performed a redraw. Points that are not associated with linear features are still visible, such as ground shots. Quite frustrating.
Bentley informed me this is a known issue. They didn't inform me of any workaround or even what is causing the issue. For now my workaround consists of having a fellow employee redraw the survey file. This works for period of time or until I edit a feature code as described above.
Bentley suggested I upgrade to 10.10 however the problem is worse in 10.10.
What version of ORD are you using?
Are you using a custom workspace?
Do you have a work around?
I am experiencing the same issue in V10.10. Whenever I update/change a survey code the point disappears and is only visible in the Survey Details dialog. Very frustrating. I checked my element templates, feature definitions, and feature symbologies and they all look good. In addition, the code(s) that I am attempting to change to all processed fine for other points of the same code.
After editing the point, the properties look correct as far as the Element Template & Feature Definition... it appears that only the "Cell Name" (NULLSHARE) and "Is Annotation" (False) is different. The cell type shows it as a Shared Cell. Graphically I lose everything for the point including the Decorators.
Sounds like there are already tickets in for this?
Edit: The issue is also happens when I add/edit the point description, add/edit the point attribute(s), add/edit VBA macro, or simply trying to rotate the point. Seems any interaction triggers it and the point vanishes.
Here is another thread on the issue...
Yes there are service tickets in with Bentley tech support. Seems like the issue is becoming more common as survey users are moving into 10.10.
Keep us posted if you come across a cause or a solution.
Oddly, if I update the element template to use a different cell it will then work for that element template. I simply made a exact copy of the cell's model and added a "X" suffix to the cell name and it worked. If I change it (EM) back to the original cell it no longer works.
I had the same experience. I outlined the process in the thread I pasted earlier.
Keep us posted on the issue.