We are using ORD 2021 R1. For this project we imported ALG created with Bentley Rail Track to DGN and created corridors on these centerlines.
Corridors are not really long, up to 1000m. At some points corridors start to crash on processing. Sometimes the progress bar indicates 50% sometimes 90%.
It usually happens when we are adding templated drop between other template drops, adding point control or using parametric constraints to trigger component display rules.
I am not able to narrow the problem any more. Looks it happens on some sections of centerlines (imported form the BRT), Tried not to use snaps, entering stations for parametric constraint and point controles manually. No success.
Deleted user preferences, opened models without workspace, using different machines, user profiles. I wonder if this may be caused by ITL file? As corridors in different DGN files are affected. ITL and DGN with geometric layout are the only common denominators for corrupted corridors. Well, another thing is that project is hosted on ProjectWise.
Several SR logged to the Bentley Support. The only response is that there are other SR on similar problems. Strange thing is that on other projects we could work with no such problems.
have you had similar problems and managed to heal this?
The first thing I usually try is to detach any unnecessary reference files. I have even had to use MicroStation Connect rather than ORD on some occasions.
If you think it is the geometry then you should be able to recreate the crash using Bentley templates.
If you are using multiple templates in a single corridor is there any chance that you have the same named points in different templates constructing completely different components? Maybe try creating a new template and add unique prefixes to each template to be sure linear and component stitching between templates is not the cause.
I had a corridor crash at 90% and spent hours trying to figure it out. Finally narrowed it down to a component/void component issue. I had an underdrain trench and a pipe, set as void shape, within the trench. I figured out that in some cases the pipe was coming outside the trench and this appear to cause a crash when trying to compute meshes.
Answer Verified By: Adam Wieczorek
will check this as we have drainage components with voids for pipes and actually at some point we removed these components totally and it worked, then added back, worked. Now it will not work. And as you can imagine we are controling position of these voids (pipece) both vertically and horizontally by alignments provided by another designer. Will let you know if this is it.