Photos to illustrate issue only. I'm having an issue when I move, or modify a survey point in any fashion (change field code, shift XY location, etc), the SURVPN-CROSS (point locator) vanishes and does not visually return if file is closed and re-opened. The point still exists in my survey explorer, but with no graphical node, I cannot use the point anymore (IE: connect other survey chains to it, etc.) Is this a settings issue, or just a glitch. Any input welcome, as it's essentially halting all production.
I just went through this issue. I was unable to narrow down exactly what the cause was. I have submitted tickets with Bentley. They are aware of the issue. Here is a thread about a similar issue. https://communities.bentley.com/products/road___site_design/f/geopak-inroads-mx-openroads-forum/216036/ord-r9-survey-cells-missing---defined-as-nullshare/658225#658225
In the meantime here is my workaround...
From the Survey ribbon click the Template drop down.
The following dialog opens....
Expand the tree as shown in the capture above. Verify the Active Cell is set as shown above.
If it's blank you'll need to click the drop down arrow and choose the correct cell form the drop down list. As shown below.
Save settings - close ORD completely - open the dgn and check graphics.
You will probably have to do a redraw as well.
This should get you back on track. If not you'll need to go a little deeper.
Anecdotally the symptoms are pointing to a issue with the LandXML file that builds the templates. Try this and see if you can get back into production. If you strike out or figure out a better solution or the cause please keep us posted.
Thanks Cliff! The issue you outlined in the linked thread appears to be the exact issue I've been dealing with. The one factor I found to be consistent is whenever I reference another drawing into my file, the issue occurs. If I close the file, run clearcrash, the re-open without attaching any refs, I don't get the issue. Pretty frustrating as referencing files is a major part of my workflows for all types of functions, but at least I was able to adjust and keep working.
Thanks for the feedback. I was having the issue with no refs attached. Had to have a coworker open the dgn and redraw so I could keep working. Having an issue with refs will certainly cause a lot of issues if it's not resolved.