The Graphical filters for terrain models can be saved as dgnlib and can be used to create terrain models for other projects as well. The configuration variable that defines the terrain model filters DGN library is
Following are the steps :
1. Create a dgnlib that contains terrain graphical filters.
2. From the Microstation menu select "WorkSpace > Configuration".
3. Hit the "New" button.
4. In the variable field enter the above variable
5. In the value field give the location of the dgnlib file, say, the dgnlib is placed in the folder named 'DGNLIB'
C:\ProgramData\Bentley\MX V8i (SELECTseries 3)\WorkSpace\Projects\Examples\Bentley-Civil-Metric\dgnlib\*.dgnlib
Hit OK. Click 'Yes' to save the changes.
6. You will need to restart MX so that the changes are applied.
The dgnlib will then be listed in 'Project Explorer > Civil Standards tab >Filters'.
Do let us know.
Shouldn't this be under OpenRoads, not MX?
I tried to place the dgnlib in D:\drive, and edited the configuration variable to point to the dgnlib and it worked perfectly fine for me.
We shall check the same on your machine.
I have a query on this, Is it possible to give the DGNLIB location in any other drive rather than in the Drive where the dgnlib's are stored, I tried it and it does not seem to work.
The reason I am asking this is because in some of the user offices the user does not have permissions to change anything in the C-Drive as it is controlled by their IT Team, so they would need to save and read the DGNLIB's from a deifferent location.