Simon Pegg. Product Advantage Group
Before proceeding open Google Earth and the required MX Standalone project.
The following process is based on the default settings for the Geographic Toolbar. The settings panel can be opened via the Google Earth Settings icon on the Geographic Toolbar. It is advisable to read the help regarding the Google Earth Settings before amending the defaults.
1. In Google Earth locate the global position of the MX DTM/Design.
2. From the menu select Add->Placemark
3. Dynamically drag the Placemark icon (Yellow board Pin) to a known location e.g. edge of a building, corner of a carpark.
4. Populate the Name field in the New Placemark panel, and select the OK button.
5. Move the cursor over the Placemark icon, and RH click the mouse, select the Save Place As entry from the menu. Populate the File Name field to save the location as a KMZ file, to avoid confusion ensure the file name is the same as the file name used for the Placemark (point 4).
1. From the MX CAD menu select Tools->Geographic->Open as Toolbox. Dock the Geographic Toolbar.
2. Select the Define Placemark Monument icon. Select the Magnifying Glass icon on the panel to browse, and select the KMZ file saved previously.
3. Position the Monument on the MX model, to match the position selected in Google Earth. To correctly position the Monument ensure Accusnap is toggled on.
4. Select the Export Google Earth (KML) file icon, populate the File Name field in the Open Dialogue panel, and select the Save Button.
Once the Save Button is selected, Google Earth automatically retains focus, and the model is positioned in the Google Earth view.