Amita Shinde, Product Advantage Group
The 'Visualise' pulldown menu in MX has the 3D View and Flythrough option that allows dynamic viewing of the current or specified drawing file. Following are the steps for same:
1. Create a composite model for the ground and the design model. (this is optional, you can just display the Ground and Design model in the view) To create composite model, display the ground and the design model in the view then,
a. Go to "Modify > Edit Models > Create Composite Model".
b. For the 'Outside Model' select the ground model. Hit Next.
c. For the 'Inside Model' select 'Design'. Hit Next.
d. Check mark the option 'Create Composite String Model'. Give a name to the string model.
The composite model is created.
2. Now, go to "Visualise > 3D View and Flythrough' option in the MX menu.
3. From the '3D View and Flythrough' dialog box, go to 'File > Open'. Click on 'More' and make sure you select the correct .dgn file. The dgn file is displayed in the view.
4. In case the plan is not displayed, go to 'Zoom > Zoom Extends', the model is displayed.
5. Now, go to 'Flythrough > Controller'. The 'Controller' panel is displayed at the right hand side. Click the 'Modify' button. The 'Flythrough String Selection' dialog box is displayed. Select the 'Camera Model' and 'Camera string', this will be camera location. Then select the 'Target Model' and 'Target String'. Both the 'Camera String' and 'Target string' can be same, or any offset string such as the centerline and carriageway string.
6. Change the 'Eye Level' to an appropriate value. Hit the 'Play' button.
The flythrough can also be recorded. For this go to 'Flythrough > Create Video'. Hit Ok. The video is generated. Below is the sample video recorded.