There are certain projects containing two Paralle Roads and two parallel Roads embankment are crossing to each other. Sometimes user requirement that the embankment should to be not cross each other. Many user have their CAD department manually tidy up the drawing at locations such as those. Other users like to get the software to do the tidy up process. MXROAD is the one of the application which will help user to tidy up the drawing at those locations.
Steps to Accomplish
1. Create a Master Road Centerline using Quick Alignment with Vertical Design.
2. Offset from Master Centerline to Side Road through Design > Design a String > Horizontal Offset then convert Side Road to a 6D master string. (Modify > Edit Strings > Convert to a 6D master string).
3. Create triangulation for both Master Road and Side Road separately.
4. Design Carriageway and Earthwork for both Master Road and Side Road Separately. As shown in the below snapshot the two embankment are crossing each other.
5. Create a triangulation of the Master Road including the earthwork and create a separate triangulation of the Side Road alignment including earthworks.
6. Delete created earthworks for both Master Road and Side Road using Modify > Edit Strings > Delete Strings Groups as shown in the below snapshot.
7. Regenerate the Master Road Earthwork wizard to a triangulation of Parallel Road and Regenerate the Parallel Road Earthwork wizard to a triangulation of Master Road. You will see the Embankment of two Roads are not crossing to each other.
Note: While regenerating the Earthwork Wizard for Master Road please make sure parallel Road model should be selected as a triangulation model and for Parallel Road make sure Master Road model should be selected as a triangulation model.