Sometimes Point cloud data is very huge and it is very difficult to import in any civil products. There are two options which we can used it in MXRoad is to thin out the data or split it up into smaller areas and other is scalable terrain model in Descartes. Here I am using Scalable Terrain Model in Descartes and this will import it in MXRoad.
Steps to Reproduce:
To do Scalable Terrain Model in Descartes and Export to MXRoad:
1. Go to File > Scalable Terrain Model > Scalable Terrain Model dialog box will open.
2. Create a new Scalable Terrain Model, give a new name and save it as “STM” format.
3. Once you saved, STM Elevation Source Editor dialog box will open.
4. Under Add terrain there is Files Option, once you clicked on Files option, you will see multiple formats which we can read.
5. Here I will select .POD files as to be imported in Descartes.
6. Once you select this will ask you to import in Descartes in current master drawing.
7. Then After, you need to select Generate option to generate terrain model.
8. This will generate Scalable Terrain Model in Descartes as a .dgn file.
9. Once Scalable Terrain Model generated then you need to open created .dgn file in MXRoad, hoover on the terrain model and this will ask you to export to MXRoad.
10. As soon as you export it into MXRoad this will save your model file in .fil format