There are certain circumstances occurs which needs reinstallation of the applications. Uninstalling the applications through control panel is not good enough. Some points which have to look out before doing the reinstallation. This wiki will shows how to clean up the system against to the applications installed when reinstallation has been needed.
1. Uninstall Bentley MX V8i 08.11.xx.xx through control panel.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\SHAREDDLLs, remove all the DLLs that pertain to MXROAD products and care must be exercised at this step if there are other civil products on the machine that are not to be removed.
3. Delete any remaining files/folders and registry entries as outlined below:
C:\Program Files\Bentley\MX or similar
C:\Program Files\Bentley\MX CAD Engine or similar
Search for above 4 files in Program files, Users, ProgramData folder as well.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bentley Shared
C:\Users\<UserName>\ App Data \ Local\Bentley
I would suggest to look for MXkeywords in all the above locations just to be sure.
In the registry:
HKLM\Software\Bentley (Ensure you retain any license activation details from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bentley\Licensing\1.1 (if required).
HKLM\Software\Bentley Systems, Incorporated
HKCU\Software\MOSS for Windows
If these exist they can all be deleted before installing MX V8i.
4. Go to device:\Program Files\Bentley and delete the product directory.
5. Go to device:\ProgramData\Bentley and delete the product directory.
6. Empty the recycle Bin.
7. Reboot the machine.
8. Restart the machine.
Now can be easily reinstalled the applications.