Edit Features of Survey Data
When data is imported into Survey, Survey looks at the Feature Definition of the Point or Linear Feature and then checks to see if that feature has been linked to the DGN file from either an InRoads XIN, GEOPAK SMD (in XML format), or MX PSS file.
If the Feature Definition is found to have been linked with the DGN, then Survey will display the Point or Linear Feature with the symbology defined in the linked InRoads XIN, GEOPAK SMD (in XML format), or MX PSS file and copy that Feature Definition to the active DGN file.
If the Feature Definition is not found, then Survey will display the Point or Linear Feature with a built-in Default Symbology and the Feature Definition will show in RED when displayed in Project Explorer and an Exclamation Point Message Icon will be shown in the DGN View as well as the MicroStation Message Center. You can turn of the Message Icons by right-clicking in the MicroStation Message Center.
1. Expand the ALL Point Features section in Project Explorer, you will see an incorrect Feature Definition in RED, this indicates that the Feature Definition is not correct. Left-click on the “BARRI” Feature Definition in Project Explorer to show only the “BARRI” Feature Definition in Survey Details.In Survey Details click the top of the Feature Definition column and then right-click and choose Replace.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog, find “BARRI” and replace it with “BL” (a correct Feature Definition).
3. Expand the ALL Point Features section in Project Explorer, you will see incorrect Feature Definitions in RED, this indicates that the Feature Definition is not correct. Using the same procedure above to replace the Points containing the “BARRI” Feature Definition with “BL”.
Current Feature Definition New Feature Definition
4. After the search and replace items are completed, the DGN View, Project Explorer, and the Survey Details Panel will be updated.
5. Once finished, from the main menu, choose File>Save Settings.