How do I create multiple signs from a template and text file in OpenRoads SignCAD?
Use an existing standard sign or other sign file as a template, create a text file in Notepad that matches the template and then import the text file into OpenRoads SignCAD to generate multiple signs at once.
1) In OpenRoads SignCAD, pick File>New and select the U.S. 2009 standard.
2) Press the Standard Signs icon on the toolbar to bring up the Standard Sign dialog box.
3) Press the Search button, type "D3-1" in the Standard Sign Search and press OK. Press Open and place D3-1(1) sign on the workspace. Pick View>Full Screen (<ctrl>A) to see the sign if it is not immediately visible.
4) Create a text file in Notepad. The top line of text in Notepad should match the sign template wording (ex: W 3rd St). Words in the sign are separated by tabs. Press enter at the end of each line. Save the text file.
5) Pick Preferences>Drawing and set the Drawing Scale = 0.5 to give a 0.5” gap between signs when imported. Press OK.
6) With the D3-1(1) sign open, pick File>Import, select the text file and press Open.
7) Pick Preferences>Drawing and uncheck the "Display dimensions" box and press OK.