How do I create a sign assembly in OpenRoads SignCAD?
Panels can be attached to other panels to create a sign assembly. If the sign assembly includes a shield, then the shield must be made into an object with the "Is Sign Panel" box checked before it can be attached to the sign assembly.
Here are instructions for creating an Interstate Junction assembly in the U.S. 2004 standard in OpenRoads SignCAD:
1) In OpenRoads SignCAD, pick File>New, select the U.S. 2004 standard and press OK.
2) Press the Standard Signs icon on the toolbar to bring up the Standard Sign dialog box. Press the Search button. In the Standard Sign Search dialog box, type M2-1 and press OK. Scroll through the Code drop-down and pick M2-1i for the Junction Marker (interstate) and press Open.
3) Pick the Interstate icon on the toolbar, type a Route number, select size 24 and press OK.
4) Select the Interstate shield and pick File>Create object. In the Object dialog box, type a Description, check the “Is sign panel” box and press OK.
5) From the Preferences menu, check “Allow Panel Selection”. Select and drag the Interstate 18 object near the JCT sign until you see a blinking line on the bottom of the M2-1i panel. Let go of the mouse button to join the Interstate shield and JCT sign together.
6) To lock the sign assembly together and dimension it as a unit, right click on the JCT sign panel and pick Edit data from the floating menu. In the General tab of the Standard Sign Panel dialog box, press the “Edit multipanel” button. In the Multipanel dialog box, check the "Dimension as unit" and "Locked arrangement" boxes, type an Identifier (ex: JCT Assembly) and press OK to the Multipanel and Standard Sign Panel dialog boxes. Save the file (File>Save or File>Save As).