How do I join panels to create a multi-panel sign in OpenRoads SignCAD?
Panels can be attached to other panels to create a multi-panel sign in OpenRoads SignCAD.
1. Check the Outline mode (black and white) box from the Preferences>Drawing dialog to make it easier to see the blinking line on the panel edge.
2. Check “Allow Panel Selection” under the Preferences menu (shortcut – hold the <ctrl> key while selecting the panel). Select one panel and drag it over to the other panel until the selection hand is overlapping the panel and a blinking line shows on the panel edge. Let go of the mouse button to join the panels together.
3. If the dimensions move to the outside edge above or below the multi-panel sign, then the panels joined successfully.
4. To lock the panels together and dimension the multi-panel sign as a unit, right click on one of the sign panels and pick Edit data from the floating menu. In the General tab of the Rectangular Panel dialog box, press the “Edit multipanel” button. In the Multipanel dialog box, check the "Dimension as unit" and "Locked arrangement" boxes, type an Identifier if desired and press OK to the Multipanel and Rectangular Panel dialog boxes.
5. Uncheck the Outline mode box under the Preferences>Drawing dialog to see the sign in full color.