Hello, Does anyone why my wires are not combining together to one cable, shown in the black picture below. What I want to achieve is the cable diagram like the white picture below. I've tried playing around with the Dial Machine example project, but it wouldn't work whenever I tried using different part number for terminals.
Thanks in advance,
Hi John,Do you mean to say that you are not able to get a correct Cable Diagram in the Dial Machine example project or in some different project? You also mentioned that after using a different Part Number for terminal in the Dial Machine Project you are not getting the correct diagram. Does this mean that if the part number that is assigned by default will give you a correct diagram? Can you let us know what is the changed part number that you are assigning to the terminal?Regards,Sarvesh KulkarniProduct Engineer - Bentley Systems
I'm not able to get the correct cable diagram in both the dial machine example project and my own project. When I change the part number to anything else other than "6006 (which is the default part number) I get issues. I'm also making sure I am selecting a part number that has a wiring diagram symbol assigned to it. I'm still trying to find solutions, but I think it might have something to do with terminal families. If I end up solving this issue i'll report back.
It used to be that cable diagrams only worked with terminals that belonged to a family. That is no longer the case since V8i SELECTseries 6.
Your cable diagram shows conductors "1", "2", and "3". If you navigate to the schematic, right-click one of the symbols for this cable, and select Device Usage Chart, are all three conductors in the same instance of the same family (same subID)?
If U1-41GQa-1 is the device ID of the cable, having each conductor in a separate subID results in uncombined cables in the cable diagram like your screen shot.
Results in uncombined cables on cable diagram:Results in desired merged cable conductors on cable diagram:
If If U1-41GQa-1 is destination information, then perhaps conductors 1, 2, and 3 actually have different device IDs, I can't tell from the given information.
"U1-41GQa-1" is the device Tag of the cable. I checked my device usage chart and I have combined by cables as shown below. I then updated the wiring diagram but still had the same issue. So I deleted everything on the wiring diagram and placed the parts down again, but still have the same issue. Could it be something to do with the terminal family?
John, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Can you supply the project? If so please make a backup of the project with the Create Project Catalog check box set and upload the resulting backup by following the instructions in the Communities Secure File Upload article.
Hi Matt, I've uploaded the Dial Machine project ive been using. If you go to page 7 (the wiring diagram) you will see three terminals with no wiring to them, which is my failed attempt to get the wires to combine into one cable. The uploaded project is called "DIAL MACHINE.Prj". Thanks again for your help
This project seems to have a lot of problems. I see some evidence of mixing IEC and ANSI-IEEE standards/catalogs and the use of UNDO. I'm not sure if either of these is causing the problems in the project, but we recommend against doing these things.
The first thing I noticed about the project is that in Wiring Manager, there is no TargetDevice for the wires that are the conductors of CAB109 on page 1. Validate Page reveals a Symbol CP Position error for the nearby terminals, but Update Page does not fix this. Replacing the X1 terminals to fix the error revealed the same Validate Page error for the CABLE symbols. Replacing the CABLE symbols shifted the problem back to the X1 symbols.
At one point I copied all the pages from your project into a new project that was based on the original DIAL MACHINE project options, then performed an Exchange Catalog on all drawing modes and was able to get the cables to merge on the wiring diagram. But I recommend restoring a fresh copy of the DIAL MACHINE project and experiment while using a ANSI-IEEE setup configuration with only the JIC-3 catalog listed in Catalog Paths. Or just create new project. If you normally design in a metric standard, create a new project with an IEC setup configuration and only metric catalogs loaded, such as IEC and AB-MET.