During Projects and other activities user will require components to be placed in drawing. In Bentley Substation user can create new Symbols & Macros according to their requirement or referring to Manufacturer Catalog, Here are few Catalogs for some Manufacturer.
1. Go to Bentley https://connect.bentley.com/ 2. Next Select Software Downloads under My Services.3. Next Select Promis.e under Brand and select Apply. 4. Then search for Bentley Substation and select it. The on the resulting screen setup for installing and select Download.
a. Catalogs / SIEMENS_GENERAL-COMPONENTS_ANSI-IEEE.ctlg b. Catalogs / SIEMENS_GENERAL-COMPONENTS_IEC.ctlg c. Databases / SIEMENS_GENERAL-COMPONENTS_ANSI-IEEE.mdb d. Databases / SIEMENS_GENERAL-COMPONENTS_IEC.mdb
1. Run the desired Manufacturer installer, the Installation window will open, Click “Next” to get the modes of installation.
2. If you select “Typical”, it would automatically install the content in the default path in your local hard drive.
3. If you select Custom it allows to install Content in desired location with desired options
4. The default path is set to “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Bentley Substation Content\” as shown in the fig. below. Hereunder example shows the default path, if installer for ABB Homac ALUM content is run.
5. In next step, User may select the features of their choice as mentioned in the Custom Setup Dialog box. User an either select all the available options or can deselect whichever you do not require to install, then select Next.6. Once installed the folder is created in the specified path as shown in the fig. below. Catalog folder contains two .ctlg files.
Database folder has one .mdb file.
7. Open the Substation Connect Edition software and then the Catalog Manager. In the Catalog manager select the Import Catalog, option to get the Catalogs inside the software. Then Browse to the location where catalog file is kept, specify the Target path and select OK...8. After following the above steps and installing Contents it is essential to update the existing Parts Database record with the details for the installed Contents from the Database bundled with the installer. Your existing Parts Database can be SQL Parts Database or MS Access Parts Database. The steps for merging the Parts Database can be followed the below Wiki Link under the section "Merge Parts Databases".