Certain dialogs or toolboxes will not open or are missing in Promis.e Connect. In past cases, affected items included Print Organizer, Tasks, or the File/Edit/Element... menu bar.
The main application window itself would not appear, only the Welcome dialog and Project Manager would appear even after opening a page.
The items could be off-screen, or there could be corruption in user preference files.
1. From the windows "Start" Button, select or search for "Run".
2. On the Run dialog, click Browse.
3. Find and select promise.exe in the Program Folder, then click the Open button.
4. Insert a space after the …\Promise.exe "and type - restoredefaultsIt should look something like:
"C:\Program Files\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Promise\Promise.exe" -restoredefaults
NOTE: the full path to Promise.exe should be in quotes. Place a space AFTER the quotes, then type -restoredefaults.
5. Click the OK button6. A Text Window will open displaying the details of the operation.
Keywords: Restore Platform default