The user needs to create new WorkSpace & WorkSet because the Out Of The Box (OOTB) WorkSpace & WorkSet supplied with software will be having default configuration. When the software will be updated the new changes will be pushed into the OOTB WorkSpace & WorkSet if any. Hence it is recommended that user create new WorkSpace & WorkSet, they might have default configuration supplied with Promis.e or user can use their custom configuration for creating it according to the requirement.
There two ways in which the process can be achieved. A. Using Promis.e Software. B. Using Windows Explorer.
1. Launch Promis.e and go to Project Manager.
2. Next Click on the WorkSpace dropdown and select Create WorkSpace.
3. Next in Create WorkSpace dialog specify the Name & description for the WorkSpace and select Ok.
4. To Create WorkSet select the WorkSpace from Step 3, then select the drop down for WorkSet and select Create WorkSet.
5. After the WorkSpace and WorkSet are created the OOTB or Custom Configuration files need to be added to the file structure using Windows Explorer.
Note: Before following the below steps ensure that Promis.e Software is not running.
Note: In below example we are trying to use the folder structure located in the OOTB WorkSpace, users can create their own configuration and map them accordingly.
6. Using Windows Explorer go the location of any OOTB Workspace’s Standard folder according to user requirement.For Promise ANSI-IEEE Example “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Promise ANSI-IEEE Example\Standards”
For Promise IEC Example “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Promise IEC Example\Standards”
7. Browsing to any one of the above location copy the Promise folder and paste in the new WorkSpace folder location “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\New\Standards”.
8. The dataset in can be kept as it is with OOTB configuration or can be replaced with custom Promis.e Configuration Dataset files.
9. Go to the WorkSet folder using Windows Explorer to any of the WorkSet from the WorkSpace folder referred in Step 6.
For e.g Promise ANSI-IEEE Example “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Promise ANSI-IEEE Example\Worksets\_Template_ANSI-IEEE\Standards”
For e.g. Promise IEC Example “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Promise IEC Example\Worksets\_Template_IEC\Standards”
And copy the Promise Folder from WorkSet to new WorkSet as in below example“C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\New\WorkSets\Example\Standards”
10. Next copy the Ecad.dgn from the OOTB WorkSet DGN folder to new WorkSet DGN folder. copy it to the example location “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\New\WorkSets\Example\dgn”
For Promise ANSI-IEEE Example “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Promise ANSI-IEEE Example\Worksets\ANSI-IEEE Example\Dgn”
For Promise IEC Example “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Promise IEC Example\Worksets\_Template_IEC\Dgn”
11. Launch Promis.e and go to Configuration Variables and check if everything is configured with new WorkSpace folders.
1. Copy & Paste existing WorkSpace folder & WorkSpace.cfg file in the location “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces”.
2. Next rename the WorkSpace folder & WorkSpace.cfg file to New WorkSpace name according to requirements.
3. Next browse to the WorkSet folder and rename the files according to the requirement to reflect the new name for WorkSet. Location “C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Promise CONNECT Edition\Configuration\WorkSpaces\Test\WorkSets”
4. Once the new WorkSpace & WorkSet have been created user can replace the existing files with new or older / custom Promis.e Configuration Dataset files.
5. Launch Promis.e and go to the Configuration Variables. Make the changes to the Path for dataset file’s in WorkSpace & WorkSet configuration. For details on the Configuration variables you can refer the below Wiki link.
Project Manager >> Configuration Variables
Important Note: For both the above mentioned Methods for creating new WorkSpace & WorkSet. If the user is trying to use Custom Parts Database which was not part of Promise CONNECT WorkSpace earlier, the Parts Database Mapping needs to be done manually.