Sometimes problems that are occurring on a machine while running a software may be resolved by Uninstalling the Software and performing a clean install. The below article describes the steps to perform a clean install.
1. Make Backup of all the Project, Catalogs, Page Formats, Report Templates, Parts Database, Default Project Settings and various profiles. The details for all these files can be found in the Configuration Variables as seen in below image.
Note: The below configurations are different for all the WorkSpace, and some configuration may be related to WorkSet. Hence kindly take backup of all the configuration associated with WorkSpace as well as the WorkSet configuration for all the Workspaces.
2. Move or copy custom DGNLIB files, custom plug-ins, and any other files that are always on the workstation regardless of local vs. network configuration, to a temporary location such as the Desktop.
3. Uninstall the OpenUtilities Substation Software using Control Panel > Programs and Features right click and select Uninstall.
4. If the configuration being used is local, then copy the Configuration folder to safe location. Below is Wiki Link for details for the location of the folder.
5. Now delete the folders from below location.
a. Delete the Program files folder which contains the all the executables and custom plugins. Backup the Plugins and then delete the folder.
b. Delete the Program Data / Configuration Folder which contains the configuration and the Workspaces.
c. Delete the Per user configuration folder d. Delete the User Preference, backup any file in which some custom configuration is located. C:\Users\ (current User)\AppData\Local\Bentley\Substation6. Reinstall the Software to verify if the issue gets resolved.