Each version of the Substation has its own corresponding database schema and "version" and “SubVersion” (SubVersion can only be found with Substation version Update 10 onwards) number property. When creating or updating the project database using Script, be sure the source material will create or update the database with the correct version and / “SubVersion” number. Hence for Substation version from 10.00.XX.XX to 10.09.XX.XX will have Database or Schema “Version”. But Substation Update 10 onwards when a database is created or updated it will have the same Database or Schema version as the earlier version and new “SubVersion” will be added to the Project Table properties. Due to these users can install Substation in Staggered approach, hence due to which users with different Substation version can be able to work with same Project Database as the Database version will be same. And the SubVersion can be used to track the database up-gradation instead of the Database or Schema Version. In this article, we will see how users can check the “Version” and “SubVersion” of the Database or Schema.
The SubVersion for Substation can be determined via two Methods as below,1. OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT UI ( Applicable for versions of Substatoin CE Update 11 and onwards).2. Executing SQL Script method (Clients using Substation CE Update 10 and SQL/IT Administrators who need to check the SubVersion but don't have Substation installed)
1. In Substation and go to Project Manager.
2. In Project Manager under the Admin Tools select Configure Database.
3. In Configure Database dialog select the Database Version icon. Database Version dialog will pop up displaying on the upper side of the dialog the details of the Current Version of Substation that you are running and the Database Version and SubVersion associated with the Substation Version. 4. Now select the Database for which you need to check the Version and SubVersion and the details for the selected version will be displayed which can be compared to the current Substation version details on Top.
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and connect to the database that has the Project database for Substation.
2. In SSMS select New Query >> and paste the below script in the query. Modify the Substation from “Use Substation” to be replaced with the actual name of the Project Database that need to be checked for the Database or Schema Version and select Execute. See the below image for reference. Also you can download the script from below link
3. Observer the Results for the Value Column for the Database SubVersion.