Each version of the Promis.e has its own corresponding database schema and "version" and “SubVersion” (SubVersion can only be found with Promis.e version Update 10 onwards) number property. When creating or updating the project database using Script, be sure the source material will create or update the database with the correct version and / “SubVersion” number. Hence for Promis.e version from 10.00.XX.XX to 10.07.XX.XX will have Database or Schema “Version”. But Promis.e Update 8 onwards when a database is created or updated it will have the same Database or Schema version as the earlier version and new “SubVersion” will be added to the Project Table properties. Due to these users can install Promis.e in the Staggered approach, hence due to which users with different Promis.e version can be able to work with the same Project Database as the Database version will be the same. And the SubVersion can be used to track the database up-gradation instead of the Database or Schema Version. In this article, we will see how users can check the “Version” and “SubVersion” of the Database or Schema.
The SubVersion for Promis.e can be determined via two Methods as below,1. Promis.e CONNECT UI ( Applicable for versions of Promis.e CE Update 9 and onwards).2. Executing SQL Script method (Clients using Promis.e CE Update 8 and SQL/IT Administrators who need to check the SubVersion but don't have Promis.e CONNECT installed)
1. In Promis.e CONNECT go to Project Manager.
2. In Project Manager under the Admin Tools select Configure Database.
3. In Configure Database dialog select the Database Version icon. Database Version dialog will pop up displaying on the upper side of the dialog the details of the Current Version of Promis.e CE that you are running and the Database Version and SubVersion associated with the Promis.e Version.
4. Now select the Database for which you need to check the Version and SubVersion and the details for the selected version will be dispalyed which can be compared to the current Promis.e version details on Top.
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and connect to the database that has the Project database for Promis.e.
2. In SSMS select New Query >> and paste the below script in the query. Modify the Promis.e from “Use Promis.e” to be replaced with the actual name of the Project Database that needs to be checked for the Database or Schema Version and select Execute. See the below image for reference. Also, you can download the script from the below link
3. Observer the Results for the Value Column for the Database SubVersion.