Event logging provides a standard, centralized way for applications and the operating system to record important software and hardware events. The event logging service records event from various sources and stores them in a single collection called an event log. Event logs can be useful for support engineers to trouble shoot issues with Bentley software.
This article will walk the user through how to save both the Application and System logs to share with Bentley.
1. On the search bar of the machine, type in ‘event viewer’.
2. Select the Event Viewer icon to open the application.
3. On the Event Viewer dialog, expand the ‘Windows Logs’ directory.
4. Right-click on "Application" and select "Save All Events As…".
5. On the Save As dialog, enter a File name.
6. Set the ‘Save as type to either’ the ‘Event Files (*.evtx)’ or ‘Text (*.txt)’ format and select ‘Save’.
7. Repeat steps 4 - 7 for the ‘System’ directory.
8. Locate the saved files on the machine.
9. Send both sets of log files to Bentley via email.