Is there any way to change the Drawing Seed applied to an existing Drawing View? After generating the Drawing Model we realized that we may have initially selected the wrong drawing seed.
Steps to Accomplish
While there is no automated process in place to do this since the finished drawing is not linked to the drawing seed itself, you can achieve the same end results using the following steps:
1. View the Saved View settings of the Drawing Seed you would like to use. You can do this by generating a new temporary Drawing View using that seed and then displaying its properties from the Saved View dialog, or directly open the applicable DGNlib to do the same. In this example we see the default properties for the delivered Structural Foundation seed, with typical properties for review highlighted.
2. Open the Saved View properties for the Saved View already in use by the existing Drawing, in this case the delivered Arch Floor Plan seed. Specific properties that differ from the Structural Foundation seed, and will therefore need to be changed, are highlighted.
3. Change each of the existing drawing's Saved View properties that differ from the desired drawing seed's Saved View properties where applicable.
4. Once the property values are changed exit the Properties dialog. Navigate to the applicable Drawing Model and open the Set Reference Presentation dialog. This can be done multiple ways:a. Right-click over any visible geometry and choose Set Reference Presentation from the pop-up menub. Select any visible geometry, switch to the Drawing Production tab from the Ribbon Bar, and click on the Settings buttonc. Open the References dialog and click on the Set Reference Presentation icon
4. Once the Reference Presentation dialog in open, click on the Update From Saved View button to pull in the changes made in step 3 above. Note: If the Sychronize View drop-down list is set to All Settings, any changes made to the drawing's Saved View definition will be applied each time the drawing is opened.
Note: While the above uses AECOsim Building Designer CONNECT Edition, the same steps will apply to V8i SELECTseries6.