In this wiki, we are going to learn how to get the correct total mass of all fittings or single parts in the 2D drawing automatically via Detail Center Express. There are two ways to get this total mass. First, to use ListTotalCountAsCount=True and second is to use ListTemplateName =<TemplateName> syntax in the FRM file.
Please follow the below steps to achieve this.
Method I: By using “ListTotalCountAsCount=True” in the FRM file
1. Open the FRM file for Single Parts and add this line “ListTotalCountAsCount=True” as shown in the below image.
2. Now, use the recently edited FRM file while creating the 2D drawings by Detail Center Express, and once drawings are created then open one of the drawings. Here, you can check the total mass is calculating correctly.
Method II: By using “ListTemplateName =<TemplateName>” in the FRM file
1. Create a partlist template with all required settings for single parts, here to calculate the total mass of all the parts in a 2D drawing, we need to check the Use total count in total values and save the template with a new name.
2. Now, add a new line in the FRM file as ListTemplateName=<TemplateName>, e.g. ListTemplateName=Drawing Partlist/UseTotal.
(When ListTemplateName is specified, all data provided by the template is used, and the information associated to these variables are ignored: ListStyle, ListType, ListScale, ListHorizontalStart, ListVerticalStart, ListGroupCount, ListGroupMultiplayCount, ListTotalCountAsCount;ListStyle - template name of the part list)
3. Now, using this FRM file, create 2D drawings by Detail Center Express and check the total mass of all the parts.
In this way, by both the methods we can get the correct total mass of the single parts in the 2D drawing when we create a drawing via Detail Center Express.